Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankfulness

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I should do a little post about the things that I am most thankful for. To keep my readers from getting bored - I will do these in a series for the next three days so that I don't write one super long post but a couple of shorter ones.

So here we go...

1. I am truly thankful that I have a Savior. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was 8 years old and have never once doubted his plan for my life, his love for me, or his ability to show me grace and mercy and forgive me for my sins. I know He is my one true love and that I will praise and worship him everyday for the rest of my life.

2. My family is a huge part of my life and I am so ready to be home with them for the holidays (that even includes all of my other family members - our dogs). I know Thanksgiving day my grandmother will have her restaurant open and we will be busy bees preparing so many other families thanksgiving dinners until after lunch-- then it will be our turn to eat and visit with each other. This year, I won't get to see my dad or his family on Thanksgiving day but I will be able to see them before I leave to head back to Arizona. I'll be spending one night with my family, one night with David's family, and one night at my brothers. I look forward to the night at Brock's house just because we always have a great time visiting and catching up while I'm in town. I am so grateful for each and every one of them and can always count on them for love and support.

3. I am so thankful that I have been blessed with an amazing boyfriend. David and I have been together almost 7 months now and I couldn't be any happier. Recent news ( a few blog posts ago)-- he will be moving here to Arizona to live with me and go to school here right after Christmas. I am so excited to have him here with me. Not only will it release the strain of distance on our relationship, it will also help me out and keep me from being lonely here in Arizona. He is such a blessing to and when you know- you know...December can't come fast enough!

4. Finally, for today's post - I am thankful for my sorority sisters. Young and old, new and experienced - I appreciate each and everyone of them. Tri Sigma is a huge part of my life. It was the reason, in college, that I broke out of my shell, got to know more people, and really developed the leadership skills that I would need for my future. As an alumnae, I joined the chapter in Phoenix and am so excited about all of the events and sister time I get to have with them. There are only a few members that are close to my age in the alumnae chapter, but I feel extremely confident being one of the younger members. The women in the chapter have taken me in and under their wing as one of their own immediately upon me joining. I love our outings, they keep me laughing and are always willing to help me out with new things around the area. Tri Sigma develops women with strong character, friendships that last a lifetime and strong ethical conduct and values. I am so proud to be one of those women and extremely excited to see those women in my home collegiate chapter grow in the same manner.

More thanks to come ...



#TBT Thanksgiving a few years ago- Brock and I visiting our Great Grandmother


My Collegiate Tri Sigma Chapter at the Annual Homecoming Mulegate


The love of my life -- David and I being goofy during my last visit home

No comments:

Post a Comment