Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Loads of Thanks...

Continuing my thanks for today...

7. I am thankful for my mentors while I attended SAU. Sandra Smith is the first because of her willingness to give me some leadership opportunities and stick me in Greek Life first so I could test the Student Activities waters out. Dean J Courson would be my next mentor in housing and I could not have asked for a better supervisor, mentor, or role model. He truly gave me the experience and internship of a lifetime and helped me see what my future would be like.

8. I am thankful for my 100% paid for car. I know it may sound silly but I am so grateful to not have that bill to pay and that I have a way to go. So many students and staff here don't drive and have to rely on others or share a vehicle with another family member or even take public transportation (which none of those are bad). I love being able to hop in the car and go and not have to wait on a other way. Almost gives me a sense of freedom.

9. I am also very thankful for my job. I have met amazing people, have awesome supervisors, got to see so many new things, and have learned so much and I've only been here a short time. I know working at ASU I will have more independent experience over any other person who has done the same job at another institution. I love housing work!

More thanks to come....



No comments:

Post a Comment