Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In my next life...

Tonight, I browsed on Pinterest for over 2 hours looking at cute puppies, home decor items, DIY crafts/decor, and other randomness. TWO hours...2 hours... I can't believe how long I can sit and look through things that I would love to see in my home or love to try out but probably never will. I now have like 12 pin boards - one for each holiday, one for DIY, one for my house, one on saving money, and so on.

It's amazing how I can spend 2 hours browsing and can barely pay attention during a staff meeting for more than a couple of minutes. Oh well! I have to say though my favorite part of my browsing session tonight was the food and drink recipes that I found. Each month I have events with the Phoenix Alumnae chapter of Tri Sigma and we have a housing staff potluck (themed differently each month) on our campus. I like trying new things and seeing if I can create some of the really creative artistic looking cakes and cupcakes I find.

I think that in my next life I want to go to culinary school and become a pastry chef. I LOVE BAKING! It's actually pretty ridiculous the amount of cupcake and cake deocrating, icing utensils, etc. that I own and keep in a tote in my dish closet. Even though I am no expert currently, I would love to learn and have been considering taking those classes at one of the local craft stores close to my house.

My grandparents are in the resturaunt business. My grandmother is an AMAZING cook and she is even more creative recipe creator. She comes up with additions to recipes she finds to make things even tastier and anyone who has ever eaten any of her food knows how awesome she really is at cooking. I give her all the credit for everything that I have ever learned about cooking. She learned from her mom and I learned from her. I always joke with her about opening my own bakery one day and she swears to me that even though it would be fun, it is not the kind of work I want to sign myself up for.

Who knows - maybe one day - a girl can dream right?? I hope that my recipes I picked out for the potluck next week go over well. I have included the pictures of them here... check them out on Pinterest and taste them for yourself!


My grandmother and my aunt working at Country Vittles - Old Location
Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Marshmellow Frosting-- I've made these before and they are excellent!

You can search these on Pinterest as "Crack Potatoes"-- I hope they are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment