Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's a love story...


Throughout my undergraduate college career - I didn't date - not because I didn't want to but I really enjoyed the freedom of having a million friends and being able to come and go as I pleased. My family was always asking me why I didn't have a boyfriend and I always had the same answer...I didn't have time for one. After I graduated, I thought it may be a good idea to start trying to casually date and just see how it went. I had a few boyfriends through graduate school but I never felt like they were in any way going to be long term. My last year of graduate school I started working in University Housing as a hall director. I didn't date that year until the end....and this is my love story.....

Over the year I worked as a hall director I was extremely busy. I met David when he moved in but only knew him in casual passing when he and some of the other guys were hanging out in the lobby. Over the next 8 months our friendship developed slowly. At a housing event, he agreed to attend this absolutely boring induction ceremony I had to be at as my "stand-in family" for the night since mine was unable to attend. When he showed up I was really shocked to say the least. It sparked my interest and I decided that maybe I should consider getting to know him better before the end of the year.

David and I before the induction ceremony

The induction ceremony turned into 2 nights of hanging out and my date to the RHA banquet. Those 2 nights became a sweet note left for me. I had harrassed him for leaving to go home for the weekend since I was on duty and knew I would be extremely bored being in Magnolia. That note became an entire weekend of texts and confessions. I was completely overwhelmed by the feelings I had for him within the first few days. It was strange only because it felt so right and I had never felt like that before.
At the RHA Banquet


The note he left me when he went home...

I had so much fun hanging out with David. We would laugh, talk, and joke about things which is something I never really had in any othe relationship.






Statics I have heard of say that a person will know within the first 3 weeks of a relationship if it is going to be long term and that they will be able to tell within the first 2 months if this is the last relationship they will be in because that person is the one and only for them. I have to admit I knew within 5 days that we would be together longer than a fling and I knew by the end of the first month that we were each others soul mates. The feeling of assuredness is crazy and can be overwhelming almost.
Since I worked for the university when we first started to get to know each other and David was an undergraduate student, we made sure that things were more private. The day after I graduated he attended a wedding with me as my date and two days later I was his girl friend. We have been together ever since and the past 6 months have flown by. I fall more and more in love with him each and every day.

At Laura and Jerred's Wedding
Being 22 hours away from each other has been extremely difficult and proven not positive sometimes over these past 6 months. We have made it work and I have been able to travel home 2 times and David has visited Arizona about 4-5 times now. When I go home at Thanksgiving this month, it will be almost exactly a month since we have seen each other and I know that it is going to be bittersweet reunion. David is trying to transfer to Arizona to finish school and I am absolutely estatic about that. It will be so nice for him to be here with me and will definitely be a positive change for our relationship. I am so happy to have him as a part of my life and I know that our life together is going to be amazing. December 28th can't get here fast enough...two days of driving later we will be in the same house, same city, and able to be together.



Love is not something that I take lightly, nor do I claim to know everything there is about being in relationships. I love hearing about how people met and how they ended up in their lives where they are. So, that is why I decided to share my story. A glimpse of my love story...one that I pray grows stronger and stronger and lasts a lifetime.

1 comment: