Saturday, November 10, 2012

On Duty Weekend...Ugh..:)

This Veteran's Day weekend I am spending at home doing some much needed work since I am on call for Housing. I love my job and have learned to appreciate being "on duty" on weekend days 1) so I can truly be lazy unless I get a call 2)I can catch up on all of my many TV shows that I DVR throughout the week and 3) I get to do laundry and clean my house. I love weekends like these!

This weekend is extra special because I started getting my Christmas decorations out and put them up. I have one tree up so far and feel that for my tiny living room it is the perfect size. I love the color purple, not only because my sorority's colors are royal purple and white, but also because I have been in love with the color since I was a child. So in light of that tidbit of information about myself, my living room Christmas tree is non-traditional and colored in peacock colors (purples, teals, silvers, and lime greens). I have been working on this tree for a few years now and have picked up a few pieces for it here and there (Pier One, Wal-Mart, Target, World Market, etc.) to use on it. I want to collect enough to have to buy a larger and fuller tree to use it all on. I do not think I will ever get tired of these decorations for my main Christmas tree.

My other tree is going to be in my kitchen/dining area. It will be more traditional with reds, greens, silvers, etc. colors as the decorative pieces for it. I'm not sure why I have two Christmas trees, let alone why I want to decorate two, but I love Christmas time and love for my home to be overly festive. Most people say it is way too early to start putting up decorations but working in Housing, I am not home enough to truly enjoy it and plus I will only be present in my home for about 2 1/2 weeks of December and want to have time to enjoy all the beauty of my trees and the decorative items I have around my home.

So there is my rant about decorating. Hopefully it was a little insight to my decorating habits for this time of year. I love to learn how to make new things so if you have any creative ideas for Christmas decor...please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment