Sunday, December 30, 2012

As the year comes to a close...


I have decided that a year in review would not be the best fit for my last post of the year since I have only been blogging for about 2 months. I really wanted to just take this time and provide an update and a list of things that I look forward to starting or completing in the year 2013. I have an extensive bucket list and would like to see some of those things come to pass in my 28th year of life.

I had a wonderful Christmas holiday with my family and friends. I was able to see my Dad's family, my brother and his girlfriend, as well as spend an ample amount of time with my mom and her family. After family time, I got to go to Texas and spend some time with my boyfriends family as well as my college 2nd family, the Herron's. I love this time of year just because of the amount of quality time I have to spend with the people I love and care for the most.



***BIG NEWS*** My dog, Zeta, was adopted by my grandparents that live in Arkansas. I was so thankful that I cried like a big baby when they told me that my grandfather wanted to keep her for good and that she would become a member of their family. I am so thankful that they surprised me and that she is going to be close to me still so I can see her when I make it home.

My sweet baby Zeta :) 
My grandparents (mom's side) celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and we planned a huge surprise party and invited over 70 people. Almost all of them showed up and it remained a surprise until the day of. We were okay with the surprise being ruined some since it saved us a lot of cooking trouble but I was so happy to see them celebrate with their friends and family. I prepared a nice picture slide show/video for them and they have watched it, I swear, 20 times now. My grandfather wanted to be a cowboy growing up so I guess this is his 50th anniversary pose to live out that dream!



 My pappaw, Merchel, living out his cowboy childhood dreams ;)

Other big news -- David is officially here. We made it to our house yesterday afternoon and got all of our Christmas goodies unpacked and put away, found some room in my closet for him and gave him some dresser space as well, for his clothes. We got to see some beautiful scenery while we were in Texas - via his backyard - and on our drive to Arizona. There was lots of snow over the holiday and I am so glad I finally got to see a white Christmas (I know a white one was not as successful for those without power and for that I apologize).

David's dad took this photo of their backyard

My honey and I in a Winter Wonderland in Texas

One of the fabulous views we had on our drive back to Arizona...yes it does actually snow here :)

So moving ever forward into 2013...I have lots of plans....

Top 10 things for the upcoming year...

1. I will see the Rangers be victorious this season even though some of the power players have left the team...
2. I will attend a Cowboys football game...and take David too since they are his favorite...
3. I will apply for and start my Doctoral program at ASU.
4. I will be almost credit card debt free...college years were killer and I wasn't smart - I'm determined to be a better steward of my money.
5. I will go visit two of my favorite people - Abby will be in Colorado and Amber will be in South Carolina.
6. I will go snow skiing and actually learn how to do this since I have never gone.
7. I will attempt to attend Tri Sigma's convention this year since it is in Orlando and will be at Disney - which I have also never been to.
8. I will get a promotion/advancement at work - I'm determined to further my career and education.
9. I will become healthier - continue seeing my physical trainer at the gym and eat better.
10. I will plan a vacation and actually plan and budget for it and do something fun for me-- I've been home several times this semester and have done lots of things but don't really feel like, in 2012, I truly did anything for myself and my own personal enjoyment. I hope to do that this upcoming year.

What are some of your resolutions or goals for 2013??

Hope you have a wonderful new year! :) 

-xo

 

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through the blog hop! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for finding me! :) Hope you have a fabulous 2013 as well!

      Delete
  2. You got it linked! Hope you have a perfect 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from the link up! So excited to follow you as your goals unfold, and your blog grows!

    Kristle
    http://pretendlikeitstheweekend.com/101-in-100-my-bucket-list/

    ReplyDelete