Thursday, December 20, 2012

Before the holidays holiday

I can't believe it has been 10 days since I last posted anything on my blog -- my sincerest apologies for just now getting a free moment to post/write anything!! As you may have guessed -- I have been super swamped busy.

So...let's play catch up!

Since my last blog post, I was able to do a small Christmas dinner and gift exchange with one of my favorite families here in Phoenix. The Herrons are such a blessing to me and it is so nice to have a familiar face here in the big city!

This is the most precious 2 yr old ever!


I also made a trip home to Arkansas...for a few reasons --

1. My baby brother graduated from college with his bachelor's degree!! I can not even begin to describe how proud I am of him. He has worked long and hard to get his degree and made that last stretch count! Brock and Dianna are going to be doing a little traveling over the holidays so I won't get to see them as much while I am visiting my family at home for Christmas but I got to spend a good little chunk of time with him last weekend for his graduation -- I am a super proud big sister!!


David, Dianna, Brock and I at Brock's graduation from SAU
2. My best friend got married!! I am extremely happy for the New Mr. & Mrs. Hayden Simpson. Rianne was an absolutely goregous bride and I couldn't have been more thrilled to be a part of their spectacular and beautiful day. Of course I cried like a baby when they started giving out hugs to the wedding party during the ceremony -- my 2nd family was no help either -- mom and dad sitting in the front row with tears in their eyes made me even more sentimental.

Rianne and I before the ceremony got started
The wedding was so great because it was like a Tri Sigma reunion for me. I was able to see a lot of my sisters that I don't normally get to see and some that I haven't seen in forever!!!! I was so excited to get to see these ladies and really get to reconnect with some that I haven't seen since they left SAU.

All the ladies that attended the wedding..LOVE!
 
 
3. The next day, I was able to visit my first 2nd family - The Troquilles. Abby, my best friend in high school, is married and her and her husband are expecting their first baby boy! Landon Joseph Carter will be here in April and I am so excited for Abby and Joe. They will be moving closer to me in January and I will be able to see them a lot more often. Abby got lots of great gifts at the shower and I didn't snap any photos but it was a blast and they were all able to meet David - so that was a plus.
 
4. Next on my agenda was the ASU University Housing Holiday Retreat. I was charged to plan and program for this event with the help of my co-workers and some other housing staff members. I have to say that the party was a huge success and I am so glad that all of the housing staffs here enjoyed themselves. We had a potluck of our favorite holiday dishes, a tacky sweater contest, a ton of door prize give-aways, and a recipe exchange. We also held a toy drive for the Cardon Children's Medical Center here in the Phoenix area. Lots of toys were donated and I was excited to see our staffs come together for a great cause. This event was special to me since I love organizing events but also because I was able to see a lot of my friends from other campuses.
 
 Bailey and I before the Tacky Sweater Contest
 
 I was told my sweater wasn't tacky enough - it was too pretty! :)
 

 Two of my favorite people from Tempe!
 
The best part of my weekend and this week was getting to spend some quality time with my honey. I was home for 3 days and will be returning home tomorrow - and I am beyond excited to spend the holidays with him and our families. Today I had a little "wow this is really happening moment" when I went to the housing office to pick up David's copy of the keys to our house. I can't believe he is really moving here and going to school. I am beyond excited and can't wait for our official move in date for him on December 29th. :)
 
David and I at Rianne's wedding - Mo photobombed it!

David's copy of keys to our house!
 
 
If I don't get to chat with you all again... Have a Very Merry Christmas!!
 
 
xoxo-

No comments:

Post a Comment