Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wedding Bells and Salads


Well, if you haven't heard already then you might have been under a rock....I'm engaged! David proposed on Saturday, March 8th and of course, I said YES!! He did so well- there was some total trickery that happened because I was trying so hard to figure out when he might propose.

He first asked me if his dad could take some photos of us while we were in Texas because the only photos of us around our house are "selfies". So, we took some photos...


While taking the photos, we were laughing and joking around and David started to get on one knee. I told him to stop joking around, especially since he told me he had not brought the ring home with us. I saw it on his finger as he was getting down on his knee and of course I went into complete shock.

  

I immediately started crying and trying to keep my male up from running all over my face while his dad was steadily capturing every moment. By the end of it, we needed up with the better part of 300 photos of the entire event. We laughed at our faces in some and found some really awesome shots as well.


I have to say it was one of the best days of my life and I could not be happier! Now that we have to start planning, that means that I have to start eating better and getting into wedding shape :) check out the awesome broccoli salad below for a great and healthy snack!






Happy cooking! 

-Haley






Broccoli Salad

8-10 cups of fresh Broccoli florets
1 whole small Purple onion, chopped fine
1 cup of raisins
2/3 cup of real bacon bits
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of poppyseed dressing
1/2 cup of mayo
2 tablespoons of canola oil

Pour all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir well and cover. Chill in the refridgerator for about 3 hours before serving. 


1 comment: