Friday, January 31, 2014

When Life Hands You Lemons...You Make Pie

I know that a lot of times we aren't truly grateful for the little things on life that God has blessed us with. Many days I realize when I lay down at night that I didn't once thank Him for the many things he blessed me with. The Bible says we should give Him thanks everyday and that is something that I committed to doing when the new year came around... I have to say a month of thanking Him and giving Him praise each day in my life has surely paid off.

I have some of the best girlfriends that I could ever hope to have...so much so they are more like my blood sisters than just my friends. I have a boyfriend that I have been blessed to have in my life for nearly two years and each day we only grow stronger and more in love than the day before. I have a younger brother who has found the love of his life and will be married at the end of this year. I have parents that even when I've made mistakes or had to face life decisions, they have been there to support me and offer an encouraging word. Grandparents (on both sides) that without I wouldn't have many of the blessings or the knowledge that I have today. I even have advisors, elders, and alumnae in my life that still play a huge role, long after my college career is over. 

Putting it all down on paper makes you realize actually how much you may take for granted every single day. I encourage you to take a few moments and write it down. Then each day while you are in the shower, driving to work, or waiting in line to place an order, turn the radio off, shut down the million thoughts running through your brain, and tell Him thank you for all those things on your paper.

David and I are currently visiting friends in Colorado and it is absolutely beautiful- hope you all are having a fabulous Super Bowl weekend!

Lemon Ice Box Pie

2 cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 cup of Butter
3 tablespoons of Sugar
1/2 cup of fresh squeezed Lemon Juice (strained, you can a little over 1/2 cup)
2 small cans of Condensed Milk
5 Egg Yolks
1 tub of Cool Whip (You can be fancy and make your own whip cream but I like using Cool Whip to keep it simple.)

Melt the butter and mix it with the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Once we'll mixed, press into the bottom of a 9x9 pan to form a crust. Place the egg yolks and condensed. Ilk in a bowl and begin mixing with an electric mixer. Slowly pour in the lemon juice while beating the egg mixture. Once we'll beaten, pour over the crust. Cover and place in fridge for 3-4 hours. When ready to serve, top with cool whip and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment