Sunday, January 19, 2014

Gossip Girl and Banana Pudding

As I sit here and type this blog post, I am currently watching season 3 episode 4 of Gossip Girl. As high school as this show may be, I am absolutely addicted. I literally could sit and watch it all day, as sad as that may sound. I think I like it because if my life was that fabulous, I just wonder where I would fall in? Rich girl that is the queen bee or one of the ones just trying to get by and not be a major part of the glam. Maybe I'm just watching in order to live vicariously through the show- who knows?


Other than television show seasons on Netflix, I have had a pretty eventful week. We have started our new semester and with that comes a lot of new work. I have been training some for my new position and still trying to maintain my regular work load. I am excited and scared about it, but I know it is a great decision and I am confident in my choice to move forward.


I was also fortunate enough to have the opportunity to treat one of my former staff members to a little birthday surprise this week. I decided to prepare him a small baking dish of my grandma Bec's famous banana pudding. It is 100% homemade minus the vanilla wafers, of course. Check it out below and let me know how it turns out for you.


Happy cooking!


-HB




Bec's Banana Pudding

4 Ripe Bananas
1 box of Vanilla Wafers
4 cups of Milk
1/2 cup of Corn Starch (use a little under 1/2 cup)
2 tablespoons of Vanilla
1/4 cup of Butter
Pinch of Salt
5 Eggs
3 cups of Sugar

Mix corn starch, vanilla, butter, salt, eggs, and sugar in a boiler.
Beat with a mixer until smooth.
Add medium heat and stir milk into mixture. Turn up heat and bring mixture to a boil.
Stir continuously until thick (if pudding starts to brown on the bottom, turn heat down some).
In a baking dish, slice bananas and sprinkle with whole vanilla wafers, just until covered.
Pour pudding mixture over bananas and wafers.
Line wafers around the edges of the baking dish.
Crush about 5 wafers and sprinkle over the top of the pudding to garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment