Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Busy Work Life means time for Chips and Salsa!

If you know me very well, you would know that I could eat chips and salsa with any meal. Mexican food is my all-time favorite and I will always opt for it if it is ever an option. 
My work has been pulling me in several directions lately and even though I love being busy and especially am excited to transition into my new position, I also have had several nights where I thought- geez a Margarita and some chips and salsa could cure this exhaustion!

I am excited for this weekend since I will have some time off and plus it's Valentine's Day on Friday! I'll be posting my gift for David later on since he obviously hasn't gotten it yet. Friday is also the ASU vs. U of A men's basketball game. Last year we attended this game and it was absolutely packed and somewhat intimidating because of the amount of U of A fans there. This Friday the game is already sold out and has been for almost a week. I know it's going to be a great one and I'm so ready to spend time with my honey that evening since he has some time off as well.

Sunday will be a fun day since ASU Rugby will have a home game at Poly against Cal Poly. Plus we will have a lot of future freshmen students on campus for an overnight experience program. It's work but that's something about my job that enjoy- recruiting students (and/or staff) to join our ASU family. These experiences let future students come and stay the night on our campus on our freshman residence hall and there are always fun events and activities planned for them throughout the evening. It's gong to be a good weekend!

For this week's recipe, I have to share what my grandma Bec has always called Ranch Beans but I consider it more of a Mexican type of dish that you eat with chips- try it out like an open face taco and let me know what you think!

Ranch Beans

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 pkg. of Spanish Style Rice
2 cans of Ranch Style Beans with JalapeƱos
1 pkg. of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese

Brown ground beef, drain. In a 9x13 glass baking dish, pour in the browned ground beef, the Spanish Rice, the 2 cans of beans and stir well. Fill one of the empty bean cans with water 1 and 1/4 times. Add to the dish and stir well. You don't want it to be soupy but you do want it to be enough water to cover all the rice. Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes on 350 degrees. Remove foil and cover with shredded cheese. Place back in oven and bake until cheese is melted. Serve over tortilla chips or eat plain.

Enjoy! 

-Haley 
My co-worker and I at the ASU Men's Basketball game last weekend


  
Celebrated two birthdays since my last post-- my baby brother's (Brock) and his fur baby Maddie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment